I wanted pasta, but something light and flavorful so I made this up on the fly. The measurements are approximations so have fun and experiment in your own kitchen. I usually take liberties with most of the recipes I choose and customize them for my own tastes and flavor preferences. That’s what cooking is all about isn’t it? The creativity and adventure of it? Lol can you tell I love to cook? There is nothing better than putting together a rich, nourishing meal that’s a healthier version of a high calorie, high fat favorite! This one will definitely be a new fav at our house, for sure. I had a busy day and only about an hour to get this together before an evening class so I pre roasted the veggies and threw the pasta and sauce together in less than 30 minutes. I do this a lot, prepare some of the dinner ahead of time so meals come together nice and quick at the dinner hour. Give this one a try. Can’t wait to see what you think.
Very Veggie Pasta Primavera
- 8 oz mushrooms ( I used baby bellas) sliced
- 4-6 Sweet peppers diced
- 2 bunches broccoli crowns
- 1/2 C Raw cashews
- 1 C Water
- 1 tsp Better than Bouillon vegetable
- 2 tsp vegan butter I used Earth balance
- 1/4 C` nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Pasta seasoning Mine is by The Gourmet Collection I purchase at Tuesday Morning. it is a blend of red bell pepper, onion, basil, parsley, oregano, rosemary, sage, garlic, back pepper, celery seed, marjoram, thyme, coriander and chives. So good!
- salt and pepper to taste I added a good bit of black pepper, actually by accident, but it was amazing!
- 1 C almond milk
- 8 oz pasta of choice I used organic Garofalo Spaghetti
- 2 1/2 C water
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp salt
- Dice the veggies into bite size pieces (except tomatoes) drizzle with Grape seed oil/ or oil of your choice. Dust with salt and pepper to taste and roast on 350 for about 20 to 25 minutes. I like the veggies with still a bit of crunch to them. Start the sauce and pasta, set aside veggies when done to your liking.
- Add cashews and water to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer. Add the Bouillon and half the milk and the vegan butter. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and add the rest of the milk and the rest of the seasonings to your high power blender. Blend till smooth, it may be a bit runny but will thicken up in the pan with the pasta.
- Add the water and salt to a skillet or large fry pan, when it starts to simmer add the pasta and the cherry tomatoes stirring often to make sure the pasta evenly cooks. Cook according to instructions on the package, or a little less if you like your pasta aldente, plus you will be simmering the sauce and the veggies for a few minutes so be careful not to overcook.