Mushroom Potato Soup
A plant based version of a classic favorite
- 3 onion diced
- 5 celery diced
- 24 oz mushrooms ( I used baby bellas) sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp white truffle oil
- 1/3 c white cooking wine
- 2 lb potatoes diced
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp black pepper
- good pinch kosher salt
- 15 oz veggie stock I use home made. If you use prepared you may not need as much salt in this recipe.
- 1 tsp garlic Better than Bouillon
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Braggs aminos or tamari
- 1 can coconut milk
- Add the olive oil to a large stock pan and heat. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add saly and celery and saute for another 7 minutes. Add mushrooms, truffle oil and cook down till almost all water has cooked off. Add seasonings and wine and cook down till water has cooked off. Add veggie stock, salt, braggs aminos and bring to a boil. Once boiling turn down heat to simmer and cook for another 40 minutes. Add coconut milk and cook another 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
I added some vegan parmesan before serving.