Simple, delicious marinara sauce
- 1 28 oz Tinned San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Olive oil I used Castelvetrano oil
- 1 Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic smashed
- 1 tbsp Pasta seasoning
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 1 tbsp Basil
- 1 cup Water from cooked spaghetti or more to thickness desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil and onions on medium heat. Saute until translucent. Add smashed garlic, pasta seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, basil and capers. Saute another couple minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Simmer 20 minutes. Break apart tomatoes with spoon. add pasta water. simmer another 20 minutes. I pureed with an immersion blender at the end.
- Pureed sauce, with added Gardein meatballs.
These are the absolute best for sauces!